2018 Excellent Quality & Reasonable Rate of Organic Geranium Oil
Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium oil Extracted through Steam Distillation from the leaves and task plant of the Pelargoneum Graveolens and flowers of plants organically grown South Africa and in Egypt. The best quality Geranium oil is used in high grade perfumes and flavours. On the other hand, the low quality oil is used for perfuming in creams, soaps and toiletries. Both the Egyptian "asperum" and the South African are lovely, full-bodied aromas, with the Egyptian being a little higher noted, and the South African more pronounced in the middle notes, and somewhat more complex. The South African comes to us from a distiller specializing in therapeutic grade oils, and it may be our new favorite Geranium essential oil -- rich, almost "spicy", and fresh -- very highly recommended! Further, Geranium has been extensively studied for potent antimicrobial properties, and it is the organic Geranium xasperum from Egypt that is most potent for antimicrobial applications (the 'x asperum' meaning its a particular strain of Pelargonium graviolens). For natural perfumery purposes, this is an exquisite oil to experience.
Botanical Name : Pelargonium Graveolens
Aroma : : Pleasant, Fresh, Rose-resembling aroma.
Color : Light Yellow to green colour
Odor : Earthy, Floral Aroma with a hint of mint
Extraction: It is extracted by steam distillation of stalks and flowers.
Blands With : It can blend with Basil, Bergamot, Citronella, Clary Sage, Fennel, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Nerolia and Nutmeg.
1. Geranium can be used in the treatment of inflammation which provides mild as well as soothing effect. The action on the nervous system is pronounced being a sedative with uplifting characteristics.
2. Geranium is reputed to be highly effective in assisting with pre-menstrual tension, excessive fluid retention, menopausal problems, uterine and breast cancers.
3. It is a wonderful oil to use as a hormone balancer for P.M.T. and menopause. It can also be used in a massage blend for painful periods and sore breasts as it also has an analgesic effect.
4. It is used as a fragrance in all kinds of cosmetic products like soaps, creams, perfumes etc.
5. This oil is rejuvenating to the skin, treating acne, bacterial and fungal infections and to treat wounds and scars. Geranium skin preparations are gently astringent, opening pores and clearing oily complexions.
6. A good massage can be prepared by adding 2 drops of geranium and 3 drops of mandarin with 10ml or 1 desert spoon full of vegetable oil for a skin conditioning blend for use to remove streatch marks of broken capillaries.
7. Geranium oil is also insect repellent and is good for headaches, dental abscess, stings and bites. Geranium is used in the following applications.
8. Geranium oil can be used in blended massage oil, or diluted in a bath to assist with PMS, depression, stress, anxiety and tension, fluid retention, edema, eczema, shingles, cellulite, bruises, insect repellent, ringworm, hemorrhoids and menstrual irregularities.
9. As a constituent in a blended base cream, geranium oil can be used for eczema, repelling insects, shingles, burns and scalds, cellulite, ringworm, bruises and engorgement of the breasts
10. It will help to balance the oil production of the skin and help keep it supple, while the cicatrisant properties ensure that it is helpful in wound healing, including burns, wounds and ulcers.
11. Geranium oil can also be diluted in shampoo to help with head lice.